<body>

Hello there!

My name's Louisa ❣
21, Taurus.
A shopaholic, a serious shoe addict, fanciful clothes and anything that's pretty.
Read on my blog especially over #ootd & #selfies!
Of course, it would all be about my life over anything.


recent update :

Taiwan, Taipei 7th - 11th September 2016
written on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 @ 1:53 AM ✈



Hi lovelies~!

It's been long since I've been back to this space to blog. Sorry for the lack of update due to work, probably too busy these days, adult life is tough. :/

Anyway, today's topic/post will be about the update to Taiwan on 7th - 11th Sept 2016.

It was an impromptu overseas trip as the boy only had his leave LAST MINUTE. So yeah, I've been to Taipei twice before this trip, and I would tell everyone, I'M IN LOVE WITH TAIWAN. <3
hahaha, the clique of my girls kept saying I'm a Taiwan PR already. *laugh till cry* 

The reason why I major love Taiwan? Because of the FOOD, PEOPLE, ENVIRONMENT and every single thing there, to me it's super my type of country. Shopping wise is still alright, can find cheap clothes but not much diff from SG. But well, of course my love for their night market. <3.<3

As I'm a night owl, those whom is always awake in the middle of the night but deep asleep in the noon, even though I'm working and sleeping hours are more "regular" now, I still tend to sleep in the midnight. How I miss those carefree time where I can sleep as and when at my own choice.

So yes, lets proceed on~~


Midnight flight flying with Scoot at 12am~ So yes this is us in the plane before it set off in the air~


My outfit for day 1. It looks like as though Taiwan was really cold because of my outfit, but no, IT WAS SO HUMID AND HOT. I died wearing this outfit........ Actually it was supposed to be to the airport, but then again, don't waste the outfit, because of nice, hot nevermind lah? hahahah

So this was after our nap time in hotel before we get out and walk around Ximending and also to Shihlin Night Market (my favourite place in Taipei ever!!!) 

We were dead beat, as we reached Taipei at 5am and we roam in the airport till 8am to get the SIM card, as they're only open at 8am. So we took the bus to the city, but the schedule time was 10.30am, so you can say we waited for like 5hours before we head down to Ximending...

Right after that we reached our hotel and waited for check in, I requested for early check in when booking the hotel, for Taipei hotels, most of their check in timing is 3pm, so no we weren't going to wait, we were falling asleep. Paid additional 400 TWD for an early check in. Waited for like 40 minutes ++ before we could check into our rooms.

In case you're wondering, the hotel I booked is Tomorrow Hotel (明日饭店). The reason I chose there is because it just right outside the MTR (their MRT), just direct outside exit 5, and there was a 24hours Watsons there which is 4 levels high. Location is superb! 

The room was very tiny tho... Toilet were spacious and clean, one thing bad about it is that there was no minibar / fridge provided inside the room, which were a problem for the rest of our days. 

Overall room is okay, but totally NO for no minibar / fridge inside the room, as you know in Taiwan beers are really cheap if you get from their 7-11, so apparently anything we got, especially drinks, we have to drink immediately else there will be no where for us to keep.

Previously stayed at ECFA Hotel Ximen, which the room was really good, cheap and everything else was provided, only thing is, location too far from MTR...... And yes it was very ulu in at the end of the street. (Which helped us during this current trip, afterwards)


Took some selfies at the back of the street before we roam around Ximending¬ Look at our tired faces.



Found this beef noodles store and had our dinner before we head over to shihlin night market. I would say this is just 50-50, not really good. :(





Got into their "Sasa" Store, which is called 86Beauty or something along the line. can't remember the exact name. Anyway, makeups in Taiwan is cheap, so yeah just got myself some stuffs there, and some photos taken for me¬ :P


Right at the MTR topping up the youyou card (ezlink card) before we take the train downwards to Jiantan, which is where Shihlin Night Market was located at.


oh, just another selfie at the train station. hahahaha.




So yes, we were walking the opposite road and we went into this pet shop, OMG CUTIE KITTENS! 
How I wish that was SG, immediately I could get the kitten, they were too adorable I couldn't resist!!!! And there was my favourite breed, scottish fold. :( Well anyway it was something good to see.

So walked downwards and saw this guns store, or army store? Not really sure what is is, and yes the boy got so happy seeing all those guns and played with them, hoping that was SG as well wanting to get, but nah can't. 

And had our walk around Shihlin Night Market to shop and have our street food, afterwards pose with this bricks wall, just tryna look cool with my loots, but errrrrr not really. HAHA.




Ended the day and it was day 2¬ 
We decided to take our own sweet time and head to Wufenpu and of course Raohe Street Night Market for that day, woke up pretty late and catch up with our sleeping hours.







Just my outfit for that day, and I was called a pink bunny that day. LOL. It was by some random Caucasian guy who was giving a leaflet for spreading the words of Jesus. He was telling the boy how lucky he is to have a pink bunny and to cherish. Which was quite cute and hilarious in a way. 

So we got our breakfast/lunch at the Ah Zhong Mee Sua. So apparently the first time when we were in Taipei, we hated the taste of the meesua, when I was there the 2nd time I tried again and fell in love with it, so I made the boy try it, apparently he fell in love the 2nd time. 

Is it something that we have to get used to it? Else why did we only love it after the 2nd try? 





Erm yeah, so coincidentally I was taking a picture with the bench and my idol Lin Jun Jie was right behind the photo I took, and the colour was so coincidentally matching. HAHAH. I didn't even realize his poster was at the back. 

Had a walk out of Ximending to find the bubble tea I drank the 2nd time I was there in Taipei. Luckily I usually recognise roads and yeap, was bringing the boy around.





Went to Wufenpu again (wholesale place for clothes), tried our luck the first time when we were there, but didn't get anything at all. Wasted half of our day there on our second trip again and yet again, didn't get much stuff, I forced myself to get like 2 items? Which was like $4 SGD each. 

Halfway through rain so heavily, we were drenched badly, and our shoes were fully wet. So apparently the boy's feet was itching halfway, I had to go to their pharmacy to get a foot powder for him. HAHA. 

The rain was getting lesser, so we walked to Formosa Chang to get our dinner. Which is my favourite 卤肉饭 !!! That is my favourite in Taiwan as a meal. <3


Salivating by looking at this omgggggggggggg. Seriously love the food there!!! T.T much misses!!!





Walked to Raohe Night Market¬ 
So on top the picture the boy was eating the cheese potato that is really famous there in Taiwan, but we haven't tried it before. 

So the outcome...? NO! Totally no for me, really didn't like how the cheese tasted, it's exactly like those nacho cheese we buy from Cinemas in SG?! But well, at least we tried. 

So yes, I brought this boy to try this crepe, I saw it on a Taiwan Street food recommendation show before I went to Taipei the 2nd time, and I tried, was craving for this so badly and insist the boy he has to try. IT IS TOO EFFING GOOD!!!!!!

So the boy was giving me the benefit of doubt as I mention as though it's like the best crepe in the world or some sort (Which I would say for now, the best among any crepes i've eaten my entire life). So..... HE FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!!!! hehe.

I don't usually like whip cream, but this was really different, it taste so good, the crepe was so fluffy, and the fillings was not too sweet nor too bland. (Y) Give it a try when you lovelies are there in Taipei. 


Went back to Ximending area to walk around their "illegal" night market. If you're looking for cheap t-shirts you can consider going Ximending around 11pm+ till 12, the store will set up an illegal store right at the streets. 




So ended our night with some "photoshoots" before we head to 7-11 to get our alcohol/snacks fix before we slept.


So yes day 3, it was raining quite heavily and our plan that day was to head over to Jiufen before we head over to the Alpaccas Cafe. And yes, we woke up late so plans were somewhat spoiled in a way.

We decided to just head to Alpaccas Cafe and then to Lover's Bridge. 

Had some food and took the MTR straight to Tamsui before we change a bus to Alpaccas Cafe. 

So....... right before we tapped out, I realize I did not brought my camera out, which was one of the most important thing. So the boy was so pissed, he just wanted to get back cos there was no meaning without the camera, as we were doing videography + photography. 

It was like 40-45mins travel time to there and we wasted 2 hours. Sigh, so unproductive. 





Bad weather that day, so our plan was to go to this particular famous Japanese Sashimi food store for a meal, but then again the queue could be up to 2hours. 

So I brought him to another Jap store which I ate before the 2nd time I was there, and the food wasn't that bad. Enjoyed the dinner¬¬¬

Afterwards we headed to Taipei 101 to revisit again, told by the boy's mum that there was this shopping district right opposite Taipei 101. 






Right inside Taipei 101. 
We didn't knew where exactly was the shopping district, and we kind of wasted almost 2-3hours in Taipei 101, which has nothing much. 
So we went up to the highest floor, and that was when I saw the Bershka shop right opposite Taipei 101, which was already 9+pm.. 

That was when we realized....... We have missed out so much. It was like 4-5 malls combined at one area. So known brands like Bershka, H&M. Pull and Bear, Forever 21 and etc was available there. What's more? Their price was cheaper than in Singapore and they had better designs. 

So we only had like 1 hour plus to shop such a big area, didn't really cover much but got some stuff there. 

In case you're wondering, it's Xinyi District. Anyway when we're back to Taiwan, Taipei again will shop there like crazy. Found out too late and it was already our 2nd last day. :(



Last day in Taipei, got up real early because we wanted to head to Jiufen and rush to Alpaccas Cafe and then to Lover's Bridge. 


Brought the boy to get this spring onion egg pancake which was so effing good. I remembered the last day on the first trip to Taipei, the boy's mum got us this for breakfast because we woke up late. 

I remembered but have yet to know which is the exact store, the boy's mum told me before it was nearby our ECFA Hotel. So I guessed it was "that" shop. And hell yes I was right. So I would say the first stay at ECFA Hotel even was ulu, but at least I found a precious food. Hehe.




We went to Jiufen on our first trip, but went back to revisit again. 



Was there for their "Black Ball", first time we tried was really good, but didn't know what happened when we tried the second time, wasn't even good at all. 

So we were guessing it could be the weather, cos the first time we went was really cold, but this time round we went were really hot, didn't really taste that good anymore. Was really disappointed. 


Had some ootds taken. 


After which, went back down to the City and headed to Alpaccas Cafe!










At the Alpaccas Cafe, food was just alright but anyway we were there for the experience.
Oh, the journey there from Tamsui was a little tricky, the bus operating to the exact place was at a long scheduled timing, only 20-30mins per bus. 

And when we reached the bus stop, it was really road side type of place, at night to walk there is a little scary as the lights was really dark. When we reached there, there was still daylight, as we left it was already night time.

There are 2 alpaccas there who could roam around the entire restaurant. The like to chew on shirts, tissue paper, hair and anything chewable to them. So apparently the alpaccas didn't came to me at all but instead kept going over to the boy and chewed on his shirt. LOL.

So yes, something bad happened. The tomato sauce of my spaghetti flew to my entire shirt, and my shirt was white and a little see-through. How could I take photo?! OMG. Luckily the top doesn't split front or back, so I turn it to the back, luckily I was carrying a bagpack. 


You can see exactly here how bad the stain of the tomato sauce was on my shirt. And I smell like tomato for the rest of the night.....

Yeap so the alpaccas outside were available to be fed. 


The view right behind the Cafe. A beach. 





Just feeding the alpaccas and some photos taken¬ Our initial plan was to head over to the back to take some pictures with the sun setting, but then when we left the alpaccas place, it was too late, the sky was already dark. :(

So yes, wrong timing before we can leave, the boy had to do his big biz, we went to some random cafe to get a drink, so he could borrow the toilet.

Oh anyway, the place where the alpacca cafe is, was a whole stretch of pretty cafes, good places to take photos. 

We chose the wrong cafe tho..


Ordered a cake, which looks really pretty but tasted like shiat. And also matcha Haagen Daz ice cream. The cake was super duper dry and hard and I seriously don't know how long have the cake been there......

So afterwhich, we rushed our way down to Fisherman's Wharf, where the lover's bridge was.






Really very pretty and chill place. But kind of wasted because me and the boy couldn't take a full picture together. 

So took quite a couple of photos, oh yes, bad shirt day, after staining the top, apparently my sleeve flew off halfway through photo. Like OMG, seriously that shirt wasn't even fated for me....


Before the sleeve flew off, got some photos taken.

Didn't took much photo after that, cos 1) Was too tired, 2) Was pissed with my shirt. So we wanted to make full use of the day, headed to Shihlin Night Market right after that. 

Walked around and had some street food then had a proper meal before we headed back.


So, because the massage parlour opens really late, we went there right at 3am to get our feet and shoulder massage. 

We were already dead beat by then, almost slept during the massage, it was sooooooo gooooood!!!!!

Anyway, headed back to our hotel and got some rest before we woke up for our early afternoon flight back to SG the next day.


Took some photos, and also walked around Ximending before we checked out of our hotel the next morning, so while waiting for our bus to get us back to the airport.

Rest of the photos/videos was posted in my snapchat stories, so if you haven't follow me, follow me at @LouisaLSC for more updates. Or @LouisaLSC in Instagram, which I'm more active on.

Overall trip was quite alright but too unplanned and impromptu, I felt like it was a wasted trip, had many unproductive feels and dream right after the trip, so incomplete :(

But it's okay, will be back again to Taiwan. <3

Oh yes, on the other hand super missing eyelash extensions and good hair day. Any sponsors for eyelash extensions or hair salons for my hair fix? If interested to sponsor me, maybe email me at louisaxlee@gmail.com ¬ Thank you¬¬¬ <3

So yes, follow me if you haven't and will update this space soon, I spend 2 hours updating this particular post. LOL

See ya lovelies soon!! 

xx



0 comment[s] | back to top